Lootera -- Movie Review!



              Love.Pure love.Not just between any two people.Between two characters( inspired by 'The Last Leaf' I presume). Both the characters played seemlessly by two good actors.

     Now place this love in a historical background in 1950s where excavations,artifacts and a zameendar fit in so perfectly .Colour them with good supporting casts.

          As good as it sounds already,it's definetly not enough to make a good movie. If I became a fan of Vikramaditya Motwane after Udaan,then I dont know what Lootera has done to me.I think I respect his art skill even more now.

            The way he has captured the emotions in every scene which is highlighted in every frame by very appropriate music and amazingly wonderful lyrics.That is what makes it a beautiful poem. It always turns me on whenever there is meaningful lyrics/music.The kind that happens ( more often than not) on A.R.R songs. The lyrics were beautiful. By the way,did I tell you the lyrics were amazing! 

         Individual specific aspects like location, cinematograpy, Screen play etc are like the class toppers  who have writtern their exam and are expecting good scores.So,People (of all ages) if u want to watch a movie ,do see Lootera for its brilliant execution.

             I sort of felt the climax was extended for a min or two(for urban audiences who are more exposed to Hollywood). I am pretty sure V.Motwane has his own reasons for the extra min or two. But I am saying this just out of (some sort of)curiosity/ passion. Between,will they talk less about the money/box office/records/numbers if there were more passionate movie followers in India? Lol, I know India is laughing at me right now.” Bachhe,jaa..apna kaam kr le”. Ok Ok..Let me just finish with how I wanted it to end.Here ends my review. Warning!!!Spoiler ahead if u haven’t seen the movie..







Caution: **************Review Over******** Spolier ahead!!!Read only if you have seen the movie!!





















My Climax:
     Ranveer falls from the tree. The leaf sways(in unnatural position) in brezze. Camera zooms out from the top. And you can see(as they zoom out) the cops standing around the house to take him down. Sonakshi is still sleeping or sitting in her chair cheerfully. Through these scene,in the background you hear all those last lines. ” Mujhe ptte bnana nhi aati…mein ek master piece bnana chahta hu..jisse log hmesha yaad krein...... ” . This would have made a classic ending,rather than that shoot scene.nhi? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOM : BOLLYWOOD MUSIC REVIEW

IPL at its best!!Dnt miss this week!

[Movie Review]Avatar--a real dream!